Wednesday, February 02, 2005

And yet again I find another month has passed, and the intention of journaling on a regular basis has fallen by the wayside. Have thought about updating this on a number of occasions over the last month, but never really got round to it until now. So why now....... Well I guess i've come to realise it's importance in my spiritual journey, it's a means of recording what God's been placing on my heart since this journey began, so I guess i'm coming back afresh with the intention to journal more regularly once again. I'm sure it'll fall by the wayside again as different things eat into my time, but my intention now is to keep it regular.
So whats been happening in life recently, well pretty much the same stuff as always that has been the routine of life recently. Work, youthwork at church in its various forms, spending time with Helen and football(training and matches). On the spiritual side it's been abit of a rollercoaster-ride recently, some high's, some low's and plenty of bumps along the way. It's when you get close to God that Satan attacks you with the same temptations he knows you'll give in to, and brings you right down again, wedging the gulf between you and God with some form of sin.
So where do I go from here, well there's only one place I know, and thats back to the throne of grace to plead forgiveness, prayerfully crying out to God to empower me to resist the Devils temptations, and grow ever closer to Him.
On the youthwork front i've still a burning desire to reach out to the young people in our community and tell them of the life changing gospel of Jesus Christ, especially those on the fringes and outside of the body of the church. So often all I can see are barrier's and obstacles along the way, but that's because i'm looking at things from down here. It's only when I see things from God's perspective, the almighty creator of heaven and earth, that the obstacles and barriers fall into insignificance, and his perfect plan is revealed.
So my prayer is that I would feel the very heartbeat of God, that I would be directed along the path that He has laid out before me, that He would be my strength in times of weakness, placing Him at the centre of everything I do.

No comments: