Tuesday, March 08, 2005

24 today : another year older, another year wiser, getting to that stage of life where you should be settling down, starting a family and all that scary stuff.
To be honest it's a day just the same as any other - work as usual, youth leaders meeting tonight, nothing out of the ordinary.
Had a look at this site to see who I share a birthday with, and what items of interest occured on this day throughout history. The conclusion - well not a lot really. But for me it signifies the passing of another year in my life : yesterday i was 23, today i'm 24.
And as I sit and reflect on my life thus far, praise God I can see how his hand has been in it through the years, and will be for its duration. I can see the words of the apostle Paul ring true in my life that "in everything God works for the good of those who love him." Romans 8vs.28. What an assuring thought, what an awesome promise from a loving father, what a fantastic message to take into my 24th year

No comments: