Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Has been quite a while since I’ve taken the time to update this journal, so I thought I’d better record a few thoughts. Last weekend was an awesome weekend retreat with the youth ministry course I’m doing, spending the weekend at Glenada Conference Center in Newcastle. It was so good just to spend time alone with God in the beauty of his nature, meditating on his word, and sharing with a group of brothers and sisters in Christ who have a heart and passion for youth ministry.
It really drew it home to me the importance of spending quality time with God, and how that should be our number one priority in our daily lives. Also the benefit of sharing, encouraging, networking and inspiring one another as a group of youth leaders was a major benefit of the weekend.
The only worrying aspect to develop was the increasing realization that next Mondays deadline for the PDYM assignment is drawing ever closer, and I still am not as far on as I need to be at this stage. A day snowed-in, housebound and unable to attend work would greatly assist the assignment being completed on time, but I’m sure it will get done in some shape or form by next Monday.
Adios for now, and I’ll try not to make it as long until my next update.

No comments: