Saturday, July 16, 2005

Re-connected
Well its been a while since I’ve been able to update the old journal, the reason being my laptop died. After over 6 week, after endless phone calls, store visits and much annoyance I’m now seated writing this entry on a replacement laptop. Long story that I’ll not dwell on now, but basically a lot of hassle, and only for Curry’s extended warranty package that we had taken out, otherwise I don’t know where I would stand.
Anyway enough of all that, what’s been going on in my life of note recently? It’s funny now that I sit here, having thought on countless occasions over the past months I must blog about that, but now I have the opportunity to blog again I can’t remember half the things I wanted to put down.
PRE Reach-Out events have been coming along nicely, had a great crowd down at a beach party when the schools broke up for the summer, and toady’s carnival was a success, if somewhat messy from reports. I wasn’t able to make it along to today’s event as I couldn’t get off work, which peeved me off bug time, but as with everything God had a lesson for me in it. He used today to remind me that it’s not about me, its all about him and what he can do through me if I’m willing. As the rain poured down last night, and I started to panic about how outdoor activities could happen with waterlogged facilities, especially if I wasn’t gonna be there, how would it all happen. Crazy thoughts as I look at it now, but God taught me valuable lessons. He reminded me that it’s Him that’s in control: of nature, of the reach-out activities, of my life ultimately. It’s what he’s doing through me by his Spirit that counts, and it’s what he has planned for the week that will prevail, all I have to do is draw close to him so that my plans are his plans.
Gracious God, thank you that you choose to use fallen sinners saved by grace to extend your kingdom here on earth. Thank you for reminding me that it’s your work that I’m a small part of, and it’s in your strength and according to your will that I can carry it out. God of creation, you alone are worthy of our praise, may I be a reflection of your love, grace and mercy during my days here on earth.

No comments: