Thursday, September 15, 2005

Quiet on the blogfront

Well as you can see things have been abit quiet on the blogfront with me, postings have been somewhat sporradic and less frequent than I have intended. I'm sure many of you guys have been the same, when work starts eating away at more of your time, and with organisations starting up again the associated meetings occur on whatever free night you have. And before you know it, one week has rolled into the next and it all begins over again. One thing I have noticed is that when I blog more regularly, its at times when i've spent more time in Gods word, thinking through things. Guess it's the difference between "skim-reading" a passage in your daily notes just so that you feel like you've it done, something ticked off your to-do list; and really meditating on Gods word and thinking through it's application for your life as you dwell on it, listening for Gods voice. So I guess i'm challenging myself in how I approach God, is it simply another thing to tick off the to-do list, or is it something I long for each day. As the psalmist says in Psalm 119 vs.14-16
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts

and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;

I will not neglect your word.
Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy that I experience daily as I continue to fall short of your benchmark to live by that is Christ. Help me to spend more time daily meditating on your word, and to make that the priority. Help me to make time for you first and foremost in my life, and forgive me for the times I fail to do so.

No comments: