Friday, September 30, 2005

Scandalous Grace

Gods Grace never fails to amaze me.  When I consider how undeserving I am, how frequently I let Him down, how I stumble and fall again and again, how I let selfish desires dictate my life time and time again; it never ceases to amaze me that the God of all creation welcomes me back with open arms because of Jesus.  He allows me to stoop at the foot of the cross, crying for mercy and forgiveness; and I’m accepted into His presence because of Jesus who bears the full weight of my sin and judgement.  I can’t help but ask the question “Why?”…  The scandal of Gods grace in my life should compel me to surrender all of my being to Him in service to the one who has removed the burden of sin from my shoulders.  He is worthy of all my praise and more, “How Great is our God!!”

The message translation of Ephesians 2 vs. 3-6 sums up these thoughts of wonder:

“It’s a wonder God didn’t lose his temper and do away with the whole lot of us.  Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us.  He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ.  He did all this on his own, with no help from us!  Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah”

No comments: