Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Its been a while

It’s been a while

Well it’s nearly a month since I’ve updated this blog, simply haven’t taken the time recently to do so.  And looking through the rest of the blogs, it seems many of us are experiencing the effects of too many things to do in too short a space of time.  The joys of being back to work/school/college soon know how to eat into our time, one week rolling into the next and before you have time to think another month has rolled by and the countdown to Christmas has begun for another year.  Was nice the other week to remember the ReachOut week in the summer that God used so mightily to impact each of our lives, and many of the lives of many of the kids who came along.  Was awesome to hear some of them speak of the life-changing week they experienced, to see so many of them growing in their faith, and some of them still thinking it through having been impacted by God that week.  Does your heart good, sometimes churches can be full of frustrations and shattered dreams, but God was at work this summer, and it was a joy to reflect on what He done.  Here’s to next year!!!!
Well today is I think my first day off since ReachOut and it’s been so good, catching up with a friend I haven’t seen in a while, preparing some stuff for Youth Club and Bible class, and spending some quality chill out time with God.  Hence why I’m posting this now, sadly these days don’t happen too often as the whirlwind pace of life whisks me away all to often.  Saddens me abit that it happens so infrequently, but I guess I need to learn how to bring God more into everyday life, place him at the centre, and offer up my life as a living sacrifice to the one who, infinite in grace and mercy, desires for me to live in intimate relationship with Him.  Amazing that despite my flaws, despite the fact that at times I give him so little of my time, despite the many times I have let him down and failed to live all out for Him, despite my past mistakes and failures; despite all these things the God of all creation longs and desires for me to be in a close and intimate relationship with Him, and through a weak sinner like me he chooses to impact others lives to His glory.
Doesn’t make much sense in our reasoning, but he loves us and cares for us despite it all.  And the least we can do is surrender our lives and follow His ways with a passion and whole-hearted devotion

No comments: