Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Having a Heavenward Focus while living here on earth. This is an aspect which my daily readings have been focussing on the past few days, and its challenged me personally, particularly at this christmas season living in a western society obsessed with accumulating "stuff". As a christian I can pray for Gods will in my life, but if Gods will was for me to sacrifice my home, possessions, lifestyle or family would I be prepared to adopt the servant attitude of obedience that I should? Perhaps thats why we are seeing great revivals in areas of persecution, poverty and deprevation; the world doesn't have much to offer people in these situations, so Christs gift or salvation, and an eternity that they can only dream of is more readily accepted. Here in the west sometimes you get the impression that people feel they have no need for God, because they have everything handed to them on a silver platter. What they fail to realise is that everything they have is a blessing from God the creator, sustainor and giver of life itself. Ultimately this life will never satisfy, thats why we should look forward in anticipation to whats promised to us :a better life to come.

No comments: