Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Over a week has passed since my last journal entry, easy to slip from initial intentions of keeping a daily journal when other things seem to take up our time. But hopefully I’ll get back on track in keeping this daily, and with Gods help take timeout daily to reflect and record thoughts and ways in which God has spoken to me.
1 Corinthians 15 51-58 was the passage I was studying this morning in my devotions, and one verse that spoke to me in particular was Paul’s closing words in verse 58 (NLT)
“So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord’s work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.”
What an encouragement this is. Sometimes we can get bogged down when we don’t see things happening when we think they should be, or we don’t see instant answers to situations we are praying about, but Paul assures us that nothing we do for the Lord is ever useless. A real encouragement to keep doing what your called to do, and don’t get downhearted when you don’t see instant results. We are merely planting seeds, and God will reap the harvest in his perfect timing.

No comments: